Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Clash of the Cultures

Last Saturday, I started my new job at the Ramstein Aquatic center on base, as the pool program manager. So far, it's been interesting to learn, there are so many different hats that I have to wear, which is fun because there's always something different to do. Today, I had the opportunity to "expose" my manager skills and take the heat from one of the patrons. There was a woman, who decided to breast feed her baby completely topless on the pool deck. In her defense, she was European, so this is completely natural for her to just whip out the goods, and feed her kid. Unfortunately, we are on a US installation base, and not a European beach. So I walk up to her and have to explain how this is making our male lifeguards feel uncomfortable ( yeah right) and that she had to either cover to a layer of modesty, or go to the locker room. She refused to do both, and started to become irate, and tell me every word in the book. All the while her boob is just flopping out of her suit.. this is very disturbing i know. So I removed myself from the situation, let her cool down.. and came back out later. She told me this time that i was harassing her, and that she would call the police. OMG. this is my third day on the job, and someone is already wanting to call the cops on me, perfect. Myself and another co-worker were eventually able to calm her down, after telling her that we would be calling the cops on her. Some people have nothing else better to do with their time than to start headaches for others.. and you know what i have to say about that... save the drama for your mama... and keep it in your shirt next time.

1 comment:

  1. You know what they say..."When in Rome...do as the Romans".

    ReplyDelete