Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lunch along the Rhein


Yesterday, Dan and I packed up the bikes and headed to our favorite spot so far... the Rhein. It is such a beautiful river, with castles all along the way. Every time we go there, we feel like we are on vacation...which is great because it only takes us about an hour and a half to get there! We ended up biking 20 miles along a pretty popular stretch, and stopped off in St. Goar to eat lunch. I brought with me a bunch of painting supplies since I am very inspired by the buildings, so I wanted to paint some. I ended up painting at home though, since I forgot water for my watercolor. lol. This is a playful scene, and my interpretation of what some of the buildings along the Rhein look like. This is entitled " lunch along the Rhein". I look forward to traveling all over and being able to paint the cool scenery... what a fun place to be right now.

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!! Love, Love, Love this painting...from my heart through your brush, this is what I love!!! You are such a talent!!!
    This is exactly the type of painting I've always wanted to do... It's funny how the blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlie, you are such a great artist. I am so glad that you are having this opportunity in your life to see the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ashlie, you are so very special and the art work is so special too, we love it....continue to put on canvas what comes thru your eyes into your heart...love G&G

    ReplyDelete