Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The OMG omelette

Today when I came home from my German class, my stomach was rumbling like a stampede of wild boars. I'm sorry, that was a terrible comparison, but it's the closest description I could give you. So, I found what I had in my fridge and came up with the OMG omelette, because I literally said "oH my gosh" when I took the first bite. Luckily for you, I am going to share my secret recipe because I feel that I need to Spread the love.

To make the OMG omelette:

1 whole egg
2 egg whites
5 cubes of smoked Italian provolone cheese ( cut into even smaller pieces)
2 leaves of fresh basil, chopped up
3 pieces of lunch meat ( I had rotisserie chicken)
2 green olives cut up into slices
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Combine egg, cheese, basil, meat, salt and pepper into a bowl. Whisk together a few times. Cook on stove top for a few minutes until the sides look cooked. Place olives on top, and broil in the oven until the top is a bubbly and crispy.

Enjoy!


-Ash

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ash,

    I'll give it a try. Sounds great! Just caught up on your posts...for some reason I'm not getting the updates even though I'm "following" you! Miss you and hope to see you soon. Go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlie, you should post your chocolate cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the posts mom and go!! =) love u guys! mom- u have the recipe, i don't think it made the move across the ocean, because it was just on a scrap piece of paper.. can u send it to me? lol

    ReplyDelete