Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

The cooked crockpot


Well...who didn't see this one coming? The other day we got our first shipment of our stuff.. thinking it was going to be things we needed right away like dishes, pots and pans... no. we got our bikes, tv, and a bunch of military deployment stuff... and my crockpot. I figured, at least I got something i could cook with. Today, i was really excited to use it, and didn't think to plug it into the transformer, so I just plugged it into the little converter we had for the outlet. I got the roast in there, and went about my day at Ikea. 4 hours later I make it home to find the handles completely melted down the crock pot ( notice the black goo melted down the side.. and the back handle laying on the counter.) Hard lesson learned, but thankfully we only lost the crockpot, and not the whole house. And, the bbq pork turned out great, so at least the crockpot left on a positive note!

No comments:

Post a Comment