Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Drucken oder Ziehen

To push, or pull the door. This seems to be the battling question in my mind when approaching a door here in Germany. At our hotel they are CLEARLY marked with either a big green circle stating "drucken",( meaning push) or a big red circle stating "zeihen", meaning pull. Now, this is pretty much fool proof, right? However, every time I come up to the door, I have to stop and think about what I'm doing... from a bystanders point of view, it must seem pretty sad. There are 5 doors that we have to go through to get to the breakfast room in the morning. I have yet to successfully make it through all of them. Will the teasing ever stop from Dan? Probably not, because it is kind of funny...but i'm making it my goal to clear all of them tomorrow...that's what we do here in Germany...dream big.

1 comment: