Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Topless grocery shopping

Yes everyone. I shopped at the grocery store on base yesterday without a shirt. Now, before you get all carried away and start thinking "oh Ashlie, you're such a floozie"... let me tell you what happened. This is kind of a situation where I have to play the whole thing out for you, so try to keep with me here... I have started my own swim lesson business at a local community pool in Ramstein, which is a village right outside of the base. I was fortunate enough to bump into another American swim instructor while checking out the pool a few weeks ago, so she was able to tell me about it, and how she runs her swim lessons. Well, she forgot to mention a few things, such as.. if you buy an all day pass, if you leave, it expires, and you have to buy a new one when you come back. So, I had lessons in the morning, and the evening yesterday...thinking i could just come back on my one ticket...no,no. I ended up having to pay for two, one hour tickets. After my 1st lesson I had just enough time to run out the door without changing, before I would get charged for another full hour. Here I am, in my towel, bathing suit...and dan's rain coat. I need to go grocery shopping. So i pull off in the lemon lot on base ( which is a place where you can sell your old car) to do my sneeky changing skills which i have learned from the swim locker room. I didn't think that people were looking at the cars.. but they were, so that may have been potentially bad. Anywho... i only had the skills to get my pants on discretely...so I didn't bother to put on a top. Instead, on went dans huge rain coat, and away I went about my shopping needs. So there you have it, the next time you see someone in the grocery store with a raincoat zipped all the way up to their neck on a perfectly non-rainy day... just assume that they don't have a shirt on underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment